EU Scheme for Young Professionals in Bosnia and Herzegovina (EUSYP BiH) – Round II: Pre-Notice Announcement Published (30th August 2021)
The Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Directorate for European Integration (DEI) of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Public Administration Reform Coordinator’s Office (PARCO) and the British Council in Bosnia and Herzegovina announce the forthcoming opening of the Call for applications to the EU Scheme for Young Professionals in Bosnia and Herzegovina (EUSYP BiH) – Round II. This Action aims at assisting BiH in developing a professional, de-politicised and merit-based service system by providing professional development and mobility to the next generation of civil servants who will be in charge of the EU accession process and lead change during the enlargement process.
Selected civil servants will benefit from 2 two-week long (4 weeks in total) tailored-made executive training programmes organised and implemented by the Ècole Nationale d’Administration (first week in Paris and the second week in Strasbourg – France) and by the College of Europe (two weeks at Bruges Campus and Brussels – Belgium), as well as of one (1) week working session on thematic papers, one (1) week Regional mobility programme and two (2) weeks Intra-BiH exchange programme for all participants – eight weeks in total.
Applications will be open from 2nd September to 20th September 2021. The overall objective of this scheme is to build the professional capacity of civil servants and instil their commitment to EU oriented civil service through their increased knowledge and understanding of the EU accession process. At the end of the selection procedure, successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to attend two intensive executive trainings related to PAR and EU accession processes (two weeks each) organised by the Ècole Nationale d’Administration and by the College of Europe, as well as to participate at a working session on thematic/policy papers, at a one-week Regional Exchange programme in one country of WB6 and a two weeks intra-BiH Exchange Programme. All these activities aim to foster mutual connections, networking and mobility between these agents of change through facilitating intra-BiH exchange programme and Western Balkans mobility scheme.
The EUSYP BiH Round II, whose working language is only English, will offer up to 25 places (the actual number of grants awarded may also be less depending on the suitability of candidates). Young civil servants from all levels of the Governments in BiH are encouraged and eligible to apply.
- BiH citizens enjoying full political and civil rights
- Civil servants with one to seven years of professional experience in the area of EU integration/accession in PA
- University graduates holding a valid BA and/or MA/MSc degree
- Fluent in English with at least an upper-intermediate level (B2)
- Available to travel abroad to attend the two (2) executive trainings for four (4) weeks in total (2 weeks each), to participate in the one (1) week working session on thematic papers and to be part of the two (2) week intra-BiH exchange and the one (1)-week regional exchange (8 weeks in total).
- Not selected as participants to RI of the current scheme or one of the three rounds implemented under the EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans action between 2015 and 2019.
The final announcement of the Call for applications and the detailed Rules of Procedures will be published on the project’s website on 2nd September 2021.
Disclaimer: While taking part in our selection process, each applicant agrees on having his/her name and surname being part of the final participant lists and rankings which will be published on the official project website